Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This week starting off

I realized I need to figure out a way to always have a few good things happen by the end of the week to outway the bad. Whether its making sure I apply to a certain amount of jobs, landing a interview. Just something that I can say, I accomplished something. Its better than nothing. I know right now, Ill always have "bad days". I mean come on, Im making no money, haven't been able to land a job I am completely interested in and Im still trying to figure my damn self out. So when I think of all that I say Geeesshhh, Life sucks. But its not all about that. And doing something different and knew is always a plus and another notch on my belt. Im at a place most people dont get a chance to go through. You may say, who would want to go through a time like this. I woulnt choose to on first thought. But unlike most, I get to work on myself. Learn who I am. Do things I wouldn't normally be able to do. I can try different things. Wake up when I want. explore this world I live in. I can try my hardest to focus on finding a job that I think I'll like. Its the best and worst situation anyone can ever be in. Literally.


So this week I have an interview (Wednesday). My first one in a very long time. I also landed a week long interview as the set photographer for a small film in NY. I am a bit nervous for both. I haven't had an interview in a while, and I'm now racking my brains about what I have done wrong in interviews in the past. Its for a position that is interesting in, but completely different from what I have doe thus far in a job. That is what excites me most about the job, but that isnt what the hiring manager only wants to hear. Oh man, don't freak out Erin, dont freak out.

The photography job, will hopefully be very fun. I hope it wont be to stressful once I get the gist of what exactly the want me to capture etc. Im looking forward to doing something different than I've done before, working on a set (even if its a small low budget film), and working with the director of photography. I've always been interested in learning more about a DP and this is the perfect chance to really ask questions and see what the job entails.

So, I haven't really had a great week yet in terms of new accomplishments for this week. Everything new Im doing this week is from what I did last week. I need to step my game up, and keep it rolling. I love having these highs because its so easy to stay low.

No comments:

Post a Comment