Saturday, February 12, 2011

I should have started this in the beginningil

Hi,
So I wish I had started this 2 years ago when I was first laid off. The stories I would have been able to document to utter detail would have been great to go back to. I always had this fear, however to have the proof (other than the reality I was facing) there, evident on paper of what I was actually going through. This hard time in my life I would have never accounted for. The fact that if I had started this blog 2 1/2 years ago, I would still be writing till this day. Because till this day I am still unemployed. I would have countless stories and posts admitting how unsuccessful I had been to date. That scared me, and in a way always prevented me from really just writing fully. I kept a journal, which I never completely committed to. I can remember a lot, but a lot of things have been lost. Its been 2 1/2 years of hard times, crying, stress, loosing confidence, learning, understanding, crying more, giving up, not giving up, having fun and worrying.
It has been extremely hard, but I know it is shaping me into something I have yet to even understand. This time was meant for me to experience. And although I can not wait for the day it is all over. The day I don't have to worry about not having enough money to buy a metro card. The day I don't have to stay in the house in order to make sure I don't spend money. The day I can prove to my parents that they did well. Although I can  not wait for the day this is all over, I know this is probably the biggest learning experience I will ever have in my life. And I can not wait most of all to share my story with others. With those youngens who have yet to know what life will bring them. For those who have just experienced being laid off for the first time. For those who didn't realize that they would not find a job so quick, and would be out of work for a great period of time. I can not wait to help those who are still trying to figure out life and what they should do.

Yes it is still hard, because as I write I am still unemployed. But I have a lot Ive done. A lot to share. And I'm not really ashamed to say unemployed. I actually take pride in the fact that I've survived in a tough place, without my family. Ive made it through a time not everyone would have.

So, although I wish I had started this long ago; I'm no longer afraid. I'm ready to share my stories and have it as proof for myself.  its a daily struggle, but I know I will be victorious in the end, whenever that may come. Oh please let it come soon, but in the mean time ill just take it as a learning experience. That will help me get to the next day with a smile (of some sort).

I will be sharing my unemployed stories from the beginning and present!
Lets begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment