Saturday, February 12, 2011

This week

The past few weeks have been good. I've had a few down days, but when I think about it, Ive done a lot over the past 2 weeks. And so I should be proud.
I came off of a high from last week. Having just ran my first half marathon and getting two pieces of my photography work into an art exhibit for the month of February. It was an exciting few days. An amazing gallery opening, really made me excited of what it would feel like to be recognized for my work.

The beginning of this week however just didn't start off well. I knew I had to start really going hard looking for a job. I need one, bad. The funds are low and it is too stressful having to be so conscious of $10 and what I should put it towards vs. what I want to do. I began to freak out. My unemployment will soon be over, not that it was much, but it helped out a bit. Better than nothing at all. I have been cooped up in the house for several weeks, trying to do all of my work here. Although it keeps me from spending money, I think I'm starting to go crazy. there is no motivation here. But there are just so many things to do, I don't no where to start, and so I just stay here. Its horrible, I hate it but I'm freaking out. It wasn't until later in the week that I really started to feel better. I got a few calls back from applications I sent in. I made myself leave the house. I went to a red velvet cake competition today to take some pictures and support a friend... all the way in BK. I'm glad I went. I have an interview coming up. Wont really talk about it, until after the interview. Don't want to get to excited. I dropped off my resume to a few places. Not a bad way to end off the week. And I really needed it. I know a lot of it is up to me to make things happen. But when you've been shot down so many times and you feel there is no place for you to go, no one who will give you a chance, or truly understands what your going through I tell you its hard to get your ass off the couch.

But each day like I said is a new day, and new learning experience. And you know what, ill take a few bad days in the beginning if I get a great day to end it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment