Wednesday, March 2, 2011

January

Let me recap the things I have been up to over the past few months.

The days can be somewhat hard to get through. I dont get any reply emails back from jobs I have applied for or phone calls. Another rediculously enormous bill comes in the mail. I just feel unmotivated. But when I look back on the month as a whole there are things that make everything feel a little better.

January 2011, I started my count down to my first marathon; well my first Half marathon. (Full marathon will be in the works). It took a lot of work. tons of running in the summer and my most serious training during the winter months. I never thought I would be out there in the freezing cold weather, freezing winds and snow running. Never in my wildest mind. I hate the cold first of all. So to go out in the cold with as little as some running tights and a turtle neck never seemed appealing to me. But I did it, and it's what got me ready for my first marathon. My biggest accomplishment of the month and the year so far.

I took on my first race in sunny Miami Florida, so it was a great getaway and great place to run. Especially since it wasn't cold. Just last year I would have never thought Id be running so much let a lone run in a marathon.
It was an amazing experience, one ill never forget. Im so glad I got to share it with my boyfriend and I was able to document it and get so much support.

No comments:

Post a Comment